Eligible & Ineligible Expenses
Since each HRA plan is designed by your employer, please review your Schedule of Benefits in your employee benefit packet or speak with your HR department.
FSA, HSA & Commuter Benefit Accounts
With your FSA, HSA, and Commuter Benefit Accounts there are certain expenses that are eligible with your benefit plans. View or download a quick reference guide here or visit the FSA store or HSA Store for a complete list of covered expenses.
Have a Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) plan and need to know what expenses are eligible?
San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance Employees
The following is a general listing of the eligible expenses covered under the EBHRA. For a complete list, please review our SF HCSO Excepted Benefits HRA Eligible Expense PDF.
- Dental – Expenses due to the prevention and alleviation of dental disease. Preventive treatment includes the services of a dental hygienist or dentist for such procedures as teeth cleaning, the application of sealants, and fluoride treatments to prevent tooth decay. Treatment to alleviate dental disease include services of a dentist for procedures such as X-rays, fillings, braces, extractions, dentures, and other dental ailments. Anything considered cosmetic is not a covered expense.
- Vision – Expenses for treatment of the eye (i.e. prescription glasses, contacts, exams, office visits, etc.)
- Long-term care benefits
- Nursing home, Home health, Community-based care
- Coverage limited to a specific disease or illness
The following is a general list of eligible expenses under the Integrated HRA. For a complete list, you’ll want to reference the IRS Code Section 213(d). To view or print the PDF of ASi’s general list of eligible expenses, please review our SF HCSO Integrated HRA Qualifying Expenses PDF.
- Preventative Fees
- Diagnostic Fees (x-rays, blood tests, lab tests, exams)
- Prescription Fees (including insulin treatments and some OTC medications)
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care
- Hospital Care
- Specialist Care (Chiropractic, Gynecology, Neurology, Podiatry, Physical Therapist, Surgeons, etc.)
- Mental Health
- Vision Expenses
- Dental Expenses